National Symphony Orchestra of Chile
Audition for BassTrombone, permanent position with 1 year probation track
- The Symphony Orchestra of Chile invites to participate in the audition for Principal Trombone.The winning candidate must be available from July 1st, 2016.
Registrations have to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org The attached CV must include:
Digital copy of the Passport (jpg or PDF)
Training, studies and professional experience (properly documented)
An audio-visual record with the following characteristics:
- The video must show a frontal sight in which the face and hands of the candidate could be seen clearly.
- Video Format: MP4 – MOV (good quality of sound and image)
- Three pieces have to be included in the video:
a) R. Strauss: Till Eulenspiegel
b) Kodaly: Harry Janos
c) Wagner: Las Walkirias
Every work must be registered in one shot without edition
The video must be uploaded to dropbox or similar, in order to could download it by a link.
The audition has two stages:
a) Academic background. The judge will consider the following:
- Level of musical studies of the instrument
- Level of previous activity with the instrument
- Experience in a symphony orchestra
b) Public examination: only qualified candidates will be able to participate in this stage.
- The candidates could send their academic background until May, Friday 13th, 2016 and they will be informed at latest on May, Tuesday 17th, 2016 if they were selected for the second stage. So they could arrange their travel in advance, which will take place on Thursday, June 16th, 2016, at 14:30 hrs. in the Universidad de Chile, which is located in Providencia 043 (subway station Baquedano).
- The winner of the competition must have the high school diploma and the birth certificate legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of his/her country and also by the Consulate of Chile in his/her country (these documents are essential to be hired). This step and also the regularization of the visa of work are in charge of the interested party. The selected musician will be responsible for all the expenses involved in this operation.
- The candidates have to obtain at least a grade of 6,0 to could participate in the second stage.
- The public examination will be as follows:
- Candidates must provide their own pianist accompanist
- There will be a curtain to protect the identity of the competitors
- The order of the audition will be raffled
- There will be two stages in this part of the audition
- The minimum score to aim for the Bass Trombone is 6,0.
- The decision of the judge is unappelable and it will be able to stop the performance of the orchestral solos when it considers it is suitable.
- In case no candidate obtain the minimum score of 6,0 the audition will be null and void.
- The repertoire of the competition is as follows:
First stage: 60%
- Wagner Lohengrin (Preludio)
- Kodaly Harry Janos, Suite
- Rossini “Guillermo Tell” Overture
- Wagner Las Walkirias
- R. Strauss Ein Heldenleben
- R. Strauss Till Eulenspiegel
- Schumann Symphny N°3
- Gershwin Concerto in F, for piano and orchestra
- Rossini La Gazza ladra
Second stage: 40%
-Bach Sarabanda de la Suite de cello N°5
DOWNLOAD THE FULL REPERTORIE IN PDF FORMAT: Part_1
- The gross monthly income for post is $1.626.000.- (Chilean pesos).